Join in on the Scavenger Hunt and Win Cash and Prizes!
The “Paint the Town Green” St. Patrick’s Day organizers have added a four-day scavenger hunt for a second year where the winning team will receive a $200 cash prize as well as a large number of merchant prizes.
The scavenger hunt will begin Saturday, March 16, and continue through Tuesday, March 19th. Teams of two to six people can sign up for the scavenger hunt on this form. Cost is $20 per team. The number of teams will be limited and if any slots remain, teams can sign up on Saturday, March 16, during the Paint the Town Green festivities at the American Legion.
Teams will take pictures and answers questions from provided clues at locations throughout the Palatine area. “The scavenger hunt adds an exciting new element to the festivities,” said event coordinator, Liz Noe of ElizEvents. “Teams will have four days to take pictures and answer trivia from clues that will take them around the Palatine area. Different amounts of points will be given on each question based on the difficulty of the clue.”
The clues and a downloadable app will only be available at the American Legion at 122 West Palatine Road in Palatine from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Teams then can immediately begin the hunt. Teams will have until midnight on Tuesday, March 19th to submit their answers for judging. The winning team will receive a package filled with merchant goodies and a $200 cash prize.
A wide variety of businesses are participating in the scavenger hunt.
Area businesses in the hunt are:
- TJ O’Brien’s, an Irish sports bar.
- MACs on Slade, which offers live blues and jazz music.
- Cook Cork & Fork, entertaining cooking classes and any gadget you need for your kitchen.
- American Legion Post 690, a service organization with a full bar and banquet facilities open to the public.
- Durty Nellie’s, for the best in live entertainment, drinks and food.
- Tap House Grill, addictive food, creative brews.