- For vehicles in parade take Palatine Road to Oak Street. Head north on Oak Street to the parade check-in area. (see map on page 2). There will be no southbound access off of Wood on Oak Street to the staging area. You must enter the staging area off of Palatine Road. You may receive a ticket from the Police Department for not obeying.
- If you are dropping off children that need to be escorted to the line up area, or dropping off supplies, YOU MUSTfollow the instructions for vehicles in the parade and exit the staging area immediately after unloading. You may then proceed to any of the designated parking areas located on the attached map. There is NO PLACE to park in the parade line-up area or sit and wait while dropping off children or unloading items.
- Please be considerate of residential homes in the area and refrain from parking on the streets. All parking laws will be enforced. Click here for a map of available lots.
It is estimated to take approximately 1 hour from the time the first entrant steps off to the time the last entrant steps off. It takes about 45 minutes to travel the parade route. Please recognize you will be in the process of line up, step off and traveling the parade route for up to 3 hours. We recommend you bring supplies such as water, jackets, hats, etc. as the weather is unpredictable and may be rather cool.
After you check-in, volunteers will be available to assist you to your designated staging location. The spaces are 40’ long, please respect your space and do not overflow into your neighbors’ space.
- Parade will step off at 11:00 a.m. SHARP. An outline of the route is included below, the parade starts at point “A”. Parade dispersal will be at Colfax and Smith St. There will be police officers directing traffic.
- WATER GUNS, SUPER SOAKERS, ETC. ARE NOT ALLOWED. WE PREFER THAT CANDY NOT BE THROWN, YOU ARE ASKED TO WALK ALONG THE CURB AND HAND THE CANDY TO SPECTATORS. IF YOU ARE FOUND TO HAVE WATER GUNS, SUPER SOAKERS AND THE LIKE, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on or in the parade route.
- Performances/demonstrations are limited to the locations indicated on the map below (’s only) and must be limited to no more than 2 minutes per stop. Comcast will be videotaping the parade for broadcast at the corner of Wood and Plum Grove Road. Please plan performances accordingly. The parade is scheduled to replay on Comcast channel 19/35 and details will be communicated when available.
- Spacing of entries during the parade is critical to the taping of the parade. Please maintain one car length between you and the entry in front at all times.
- There is NO rain date. In the case of inclement weather, the parade may be canceled.
- AFTER THE PARADE: Do NOT plan to pick-up parade participants at the end of the parade route. Please make arrangements to pick-up away from the route PAST the diagramed disbursement intersection.
The Parade will also serve as a non-perishable food and paper product drive for Journeys, The Road Home. Please promote your participation in the parade to your circle, and let them know they can bring items for Journeys to the parade for pick-up during staging, or to the Irish Market.
Items needed: Diapers, Gas Gift Cards, Normal Sized Toiletries, Bottled Water, Jelly, Tuna, Granola Bars, Nuts, Microwaveable Paper Plates and Bowls, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Disinfectant Wipes, Laundry Soap, and Dryer Sheets